This Bible Brownie Scavenger uses a pre-packaged mix. In order to complete the recipe, you will need to look up each Bible verse. The verses all come from the book of Matthew and each one will contain a clue to what you will need. Have fun!
(Photo credit: the visual faith project)
- Read Matthew 26:23. You will need one of these to pour your brownie mix into so you can get started cooking.
- Read Matthew 25:4. To the brownie mix, add 1/3 cup of this ingredient, something you can use in food and lamps.
- Read Matthew 3:16. To the brownie mix, add 2 Tablespoons of this, something Jesus was baptized in.
- Read Matthew 11:3. To the brownie mix, add this many eggs; you can count this number on one hand.
- Read Matthew 21:10. To the brownie mix, do this 50 times – you are looking for an action not an ingredient.
Once your Bible brownies are complete, spray a 8×8 pan. Pour brownie mixture into your pan and place in oven. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.